Eachine EX5 is a fantastic drone for beginners and experienced pilots that want to enhance their flying skills. EX5 is built with 4K HD Camera and 30 minutes flight time. Weighing 229g, it is small in size and easy to carry. However, getting up in the air can sometimes be a challenge, especially if you are a new drone pilot. We have compiled a list of steps to follow to simplify the set up of EX5 drone.
Set Up Steps
- Download the Eachine Pro App via Apple Store or Google Play.
- Click here to view the full instructions of the Eachine EX5 Instructions Manual.
- Turn on the quadcopter and you should now start to see the flashing blue lights.
- Insert batteries into the Remote Control and turn it on. So long as this is the first time you are turning on, synchronisation will be completed automatically. If the remote control is already synchronised with a drone, make sure that the other remote control and drone are not powered on at the same time, otherwise, the synchronisation may fail.
- After successfully completing the synchronisation and detection, keep the drone on the horizontal ground. Push the left and right joysticks 45° to the lower right corner at the same time, as shown in the figure below. Then the front and back indicators of the drone will start to flash quickly. Wait for the indicator light to change from flashing to steady. The Gyroscope Calibration has now been completed.
- Do not place the drone on the grass or on uneven ground to prevent the grass or sand from getting into the motor and causing damage to the motor. We recommend to always use a Landing Pad before take off.
- You now need to perform a Compass Calibration by following the instructions in the manual on page 5. Note that it is recommended that you perform a compass calibration for every flight.
- Once compass calibration is completed, give it some time to search for satellite; ideally you want to see around 8 - 10 satellites before you start flying. You should be able to find the satellite signal in the Eachine Pro app.
- To take off and unlock the drone, push both throttle sticks down and release as shown in the image below. The motors will start to spin, then push the throttle stick up for the drone to take off.
NOTE: To control the drone through the app, your phone WIFI must have IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, which is 5G band WLAN.